Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hanging on to Fall

As much as I love the Christmas season I am not quite ready to let go of fall. We have been having some mild days and maybe I am just dreading all of the cold and snowy days that will keep us inside. As I was looking out my kitchen window today I noticed these trees. They are at the very back of our property and the only trees that still have leaves on them.


It looks to me like they are holding on to them for dear life. Maybe I am not the only one not wanting to let fall go easily.

I have been preparing things for Thanksgiving. I have two dinners to attend this year. We will be going to by mother-in-law's on Thanksgiving and then to my father-in-law's on Saturday. I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake that I am planning to make for both places. It called for store bought chocolate chip cookie dough, but I couldn't see spending the money on it. I made my own instead and have it waiting in the frig until Wednesday morning.


It really disappointed my family that I baked a couple dozen cookies for them! I'll let you know how it turns out.

I have also been trying to clean. Things like my oven, making sure there is limited clutter and I really need to shampoo the living room carpet. I am trying to have things as ready as possible for Friday. Megan is over excited about the fact that the tree will be going up. Enjoying the holidays through the eyes of Megan should make things really fun.

Time for me to start my day. I will be doing some babysitting today and am hoping that I can make a few more things off of my list. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!