Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Family Fun: Fishy Fishy

Fishy, fishy in the brook


Fishy, fishy on my hook


Sorry for the terrible picture above. The battery died right after this picture.

I am trying hard to start incorporating family fun nights again. It is always fun, but once I fall out of habit it's sometimes hard to get back to it. We played this game. It's always a favorite as it goes fast.

To go along with our fish theme this is the dinner that I made.


Megan loves it when I put goldfish in her soup. Just to keep it real let me tell you about dinner. Disaster is a capital D! I allowed the soup to boil over. And I do mean boil over. The worse mess I have ever had on the stove and because of that I allowed the soup to scorch, so it tasted scorched.

Even though dinner wasn't the best we have ever had we still had fun. We are hoping to make game night a regular event.
>

8 comments:

  1. Looks fun!

    Disasters happen to all of us. I burned the oatmeal one day last week and Andy wondered what those big black flakes in our oatmeal were. Oh well!!! We ate it anyways, because that is what we do!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an adorable idea! I love the fish theme. We have that fish game here as well, and my three year old loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. e use to do a game night too. I really need to get in the habit of that again the kids always loved it. We also do Friday night movie night and my littles love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to get more in the habit of a family fun night. It's something the kids will enjoy and remember when they get older. Time flies and they only stay young for so long...

    I'm glad the budget is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT IDEA for a theme! And I know what you mean about keeping the family night going1 I'm having a hard time with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had fun anyway. You have a happy little girl there.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get an A for effort! I'm sure you had fun anyway!

    I scorched potato soup one night when we were having company over. I didn't realize it until about 10 minutes before they got there. We covered the scorched taste with sour cream, chives cheese and bacon bits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!