Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas from the Heart: Wallet

I noticed over the summer that my niece was carrying her licence and money in a plastic bag and this idea was born.


I used my wallet as a template and traced it onto craft paper. I made it slightly larger to allow for the seam allowance.


I then cut out my fabric of choice and to make it a little more sturdy I also cut out a piece of fleece. I sewed them together with the wrong sides together. Turned them right side out and hand stitched it shut. I then folded up the bottom section and sewed up the sides. To finish it off I sewed on a button and a piece embroidery thread to go around the button.


A perfect place to store a little money, driver licence, feminine product or whatever their heart desires.

I don't know what has gotten in to me, but I am in a crafty kind of mood. I always want to craft, but usually end of talking myself out of it. You know how it goes... I don't have time... I need to do this and that.

I have been making the time lately and it feels great!

10 comments:

  1. WOW...I am impressed. That is adorable and perfect for these young ones who don't want to carry a real purse. Just the right size and cute, too.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super cute Wendi! I love it! Great job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neice will love this cute carry all. Do you remember the days when we could get away with carrying so little?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,
    Keep those ideas coming! Today I found out that a co worker has been cooking with a crock-pot and the microwave because she doesn't have a working stove. She has doing this since MARCH! She has never said one word to any of us. I am going to take her and her children under my wing and make them Christmas, so I am steeling all of your ideas to make them a brighter holiday! So this idea will find its way under her tree. Thank you so much. My wallet is very different from yours can you please give me the dimensions so I can cut it out? Thank you. Bet you never thought that your ideas would brighten some one way up in the right hand corner of the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    You know this is how great inventions are made. You should consider selling them in an ETSY store.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. LynnMarie,

    This measured 11x7 before I folded the bottom flap and sewed it. You will need to add a little for the seam allowance.

    I think it is a wonderful thing you are doing for this family. What a blessing you will be!

    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendi,
    Thank you. Keep those ideas coming! You are such a blessing to me. LynnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea!! I'm not exactly sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but I'm so glad I did! I've been to China twice, once with my daughter, and we have such a heart for the orphans there. We sponsor more than one and pray for them every day. In fact, our sweet Emily who we met almost 3 years ago has finally found her "forever family!" Yeah God! I look forward to reading more about your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!