Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas from the Heart: Scripture Coasters


I saw these coasters made by Mandy at Mayberry State of Mind. I thought they were adorable and then she decided to share how to make them here. Yeah! My mind started swirling with ideas of what I could do with these and who I could give them to.

I recently made my first set for my mother-in-law. I picked out scripture that I thought she would find meaningful. I have seen Mandy stamp on her scripture, but being the thirty person that I am I didn't want to purchase stamps. Mandy had shared how she was able to print a picture onto tissue paper and decoupage it on. I thought I would be able to do that with scripture that I printed out using word. Worked like a charm!


These were very easy to make and I can't wait to make another set. I know another grandparent who would love a set with pictures of all four of her grandchildren!

Mandy, thanks for sharing this wonderful idea.

12 comments:

  1. I saw this post on Mandy's blog and also wanted to try it. I love these with the Scriptures on them. I bet my mom would really like something like this. They look so pretty tied up with the red gingham bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea, Wendi!!!! Thank you for sharing this!! I think I may even be able to do this (and I am craft-challenged!! LOL!!!).

    Have a blessed day!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are super cute! What did you use for the coaster part? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I love the idea of printing them on word too, you change the font and style up anyway you want. They turned out cute.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use Scripture! Will have to keep that in mind as I was hoping to make a few sets for Christmas gifts for our parents. I saw a similar idea at reluctantentertainer.com that was also shown over at lifeingrace.blogspot.com this week or last. She was using inexpensive unglazed tiles for hers.

    I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'm looking to make some of these except with photos for Christmas...where did you get your stone base?

    Blessings, Wendi!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I made something similar last year, but I love these with scriptures on them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen lots of handmade/homemade Christmas ideas with tumbled tile coasters and these scripture ones you made are by far my fave. I love the simplicty of checked bow you used to tie them all up with. Thanks for taking the time to put together a tutorial to share with everyone how to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Wendi! I will check out our local home improvement store! :D
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Guestion. If you printed out the verses on tissue paper, did you then cut each word or did you use a different color tissue paper. As you can see, I love the idea but am clearing missing the gene! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!