Monday, October 26, 2009

Tarts from Candle Remains

You might remember when I posted about my wonderful new fall scented candle. For some reason the candle did not burn very well. It burnt all through the center leaving lots of candle wax on the sides. I am not sure what caused this, most likely operator error!

The wax still had a wonderful scent and I just could not see it going to waste. I decided to melt the wax down and make some tarts.


You will need a pan of water, tin can that has the top pushed in for easy pouring, muffin pan and the wax cut into small chunks. (I cut the pictured pieces down smaller before melting.)


Place can in a pan of water (if your can does not stay upright then you have too much water) and bring to a slight boil. Once the water begins to boil turn the stove down to medium heat. Then you just wait for all of the wax to melt. You can use a pair of tongs to hold the can of wax if needed.

Once the wax is melted pour into muffin pan. I filled the cups just shy of half way.


Allow wax to harden and then pop out of pan. If you have a difficult time with then you could place it in the freezer and then the tarts should pop out.

I then stacked the tarts and tied them with a piece of scrap ribbon. I inserted the tarts into a cookie bag and tied with another scrap of fabric and a fun tag.


I love that the cost to make these were zero dollars. I used items that I had on hand. I plan to give these as a Christmas gift. I haven't decided if I will give them as is or add an inexpesive tart warmer and some tea lights.

This was a quick, easy project that I plan to do again. I would love to hear if you try this or have done this and have some tips for me.

10 comments:

  1. Great idea, Wendi--very resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a great idea! Wish I would have read this idea last week. I had a candle that burnt really weird, and I ended up just pitching it. Bummer. They look so cute all wrapped up and ready to be gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever of you. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea! I'll have to remember that if I ever have a weird burning candle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    You have now solved a dilemma I have had for quite some time. Thank you for doing this so I can stop tossing away perfectly great candle wax that I can remake into something amazing.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it and so need to try this with some of my candle leftovers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genius! I almost wish all my candles would burn weird now. :) Cute gift idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! What a great post! I am visiting b/c I am wanting people to link up on my blog about "A Homemade Christmas"...and someone sent me to this post! Fell Free to visit and join in!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!