Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kitchen Update

Welcome to my cozy kitchen! This will be a picture heavy post. You might want to grab a cup of tea and settle in for a long visit. Finally the kitchen is looking finished.


A bead board ceiling was installed, cabinets were painted, wainscotings installed above the new counter top and there was lots of fluffing going on.












I don't have a total for the amount of money spent in here, but I can tell you that the ceiling and back splash were a Christmas gift. The only money spent on that was for paint. We purchased the new counter top and then paint. All of the decor was previously here or we made it from scraps. This piece is one of my favorites.


This was inspired by http://behindmyreddoor.blogspot.com/.



I love that it hides my favorite kitchen appliance.

There are still a few things I want to do. Chuck is making me a breadboard cover for the stovetop, I want a large crock for all of my utensils and eventually I want to add new cushions to the chairs.

I painted the lazy suzy on my table black and would love to paint my chairs black. At the moment hubby has vetoed that. I really can't complain since he let's me do about anything I want. Who knows maybe in the future I can do that.

I hope that you have enjoyed your tour!

17 comments:

  1. It is SO CUTE! I am completely inspired. My kitchen could use a makeover...and I love the things you did in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I'm sure it feels great to have it done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    I love your kitchen. I could see pulling up a chair and having some tea in there for sure! I love, love your apple pie sign. That red cupboard that hides your kitchen aide is really nice too.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO nice!! I love beadboard. I would put it all over the house if I could!

    Your windowsill looks great. I love how you have it decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful, Wendi. My favorite spots are right above the sink and also seeing all those nice jars lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It looks very farmhouse-ish! I love it! Love the beadboard ceiling and the wainscoting. It does look very cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen is so pretty and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely love the cupboard that hides your mixer. I love that! I too love the idea of painting my tables and chairs black. Who knows what projects will come up next year. I absolutely love your kitchen. It turned out wonderful and I bet you are more than happy with it.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing! I love the apple theme, and the beadboard makes it feel so old fashioned and cozy. This looks like a wonderful place to cook and spend time enjoying your family.

    The over for your mixer is my favorite part. So clever! At first I thought they really were drawers, and I thought that would be a good place to store coupons and other odds and ends that always seem to collect on my counter tops, but I love the hiding spot for the mixer too!

    Looking at that kitchen just makes me feel happy. I hope you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I especially love the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks soooo good! It's so light and airy. I know you will enjoy it. I just love the little cabinet your husband made for your mixer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been so patient during this long transformation. Enjoy your lovely "new" kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendy - Thanks for keeping us in your prayers regarding Sergei. Oh, did you see my giveaway? I think it would be of interest to you. There's a link on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the country look. It is so lovely. I especially lov ethe autumn leaves over the sink in front of the window.
    Beautiful job
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks LOVELY!!! Great job, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the outcome! Great job to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great! I love all the bead board! And, that buttery yellow color is delicious! All of your fluffing definitely makes it though - very cozy and homey!

    Enjoy!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!