Monday, October 05, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cool and in the 50's. It should be a great fall day in the low 70's.


One of my simple pleasures:
A quiet house. It is nice sometimes to be able to get lost in your thoughts.

On my bedside table:

Currently nothing.

On my TV:
Love Comes Softly series I only watch this during quiet time so it will take me a while to get through it.

On the menu for tonight:
I am not sure. We are having dinner at my father-in-laws.

On my To Do List:
Finish Laundry
Iron
Finish straightening Megan's closet
Paint a cabinet for the kitchen

New Recipe I tried last week:
Honey-Whole Wheat Bread

In the craft basket:
Nothing this week.

Looking forward to:
Going out of town later this week.


Homemaking Tip for this week:
If you need to take a short break while painting you can wrap your brush in saran wrap and put it in the refrigerator. Pull it out and you are ready to go. (I know some people say to put it in the freezer, but I find that it is not ready as soon as you pull it out.)style="color:#339999;">
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I really need to start bookmarking the great post. I read one early last week that was great and now I can't remember where it was!

Favorite photo from last week:



Sneak peek at my kitchen.

Lesson learned the past few days:
It is much better to have a messy house and a happy child. It is easy to lose sight of this when you are too busy concentrating on the to do list.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My brother-in-law Brian, currently serving in Afghanistan.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder

Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to. Have a great Monday!





8 comments:

  1. Wendi - I am learning the same lesson; it is taking me a loooong time to really get it as it is so hard to live with the clutter and chaos. However, it does make for happier children when I am more focused on them! Have a great day!
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tip, we usually put ours in a zip lock bag until the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree about the messy house happy children. I often say a mother that has a spotless house every minute of the day is not really being a "mother", my house is clean for about 1 hour out of every week LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with the lesson too. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, I still learning that as well.

    Love the quote too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi,

    I love your apple wall shelf! I too, have apples decorating my home and my bathrooms! Just can't get enough.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your kitchen shelf, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love a Laura Ingalls Wilder quote!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!