Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pumpkins!

I found the idea for these pumpkins here.


I used a plate of Megan's that measured just a little more then 8 inches in diameter to make a pattern. I then cut out four circles.


Next I sewed around the edge with dental floss. About a 1/2 inch to an inch from the edge with large stitches. Leave extra floss at the beginning and end to gather the pumpkin.


Place a balled up grocery store bag in the middle and pull the ends of the floss to gather the fabric around the bag. Tie off the ends and cut them. Stuff the ends of the fabric into the center to hide the bag. For the stem use a small stick. I added hot glue to the center and then inserted the stick. I thought the hot glue would keep the fabric and stick in place. They will be mini pumpkins.

I placed my pumpkins into a small berry basket lined with a piece of fabric.


I thought these turned out super cute and they were easy to make. Let me know if you make some.

6 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! Thanks for that idea, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    Who know how simple these would be to make? I was thinking it was so much more work. Thanks for sharing all these with us!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thank you for the fab tutorial. I can't believe how simple these pumpkins look to make. Another project on my list.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this tutorial. This seems like it wouldn't take too incredibly long to do. I'm hoping to make some before the end of the fall season. Can't make any promises! If I do, I'll post about it and link to you! Oh, and it's such a frugal little craft, especially if you have drawers full of fabric like I do. Rolled up Walmart bags! Who would have thought. And goodness knows I have a ton of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendi,

    I can't find an email address for you and I have a question for you...could you email me at the email address on my blog or leave me your email address on a comment...whichever you're more comfortable with?

    Thanks a bunch!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!!! They are so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!