Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Homemaking Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cool and in the 50's. It should be about sunny and 80 today. A perfect day in my opion!

One of my simple pleasures:
Quiet. Not tv or radio just the sounds of nature.

On my bedside table:
Tales From Grace Chapel Inn: Spring is in the Air by Jane Orcutt. I have a series of Grace Chapel Inn books by Guidepost. Most things from Guidepost are good reads.

On my TV:
Some Disney or PBS this morning, then nothing.

On the menu for tonight:
Chicken on the grill along with some veggies.

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Weeding & trimming in the front landscape

Schooling
Babysit

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
I hope to do a little sewing.

Looking forward to:
Getting back on schedule. We have had to many days of no naps or late naps last week.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I can't think of anything right now.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I don't think I had a favorite post last week.


Favorite photo from last week:
I love imaginative play!


Lesson learned the past few days:
When I am under the weather it is okay for me to take time off. Life doesn't fall apart to much if I spend a couple of day vegging on the couch.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My brother-in-law Brian. He is leaving tomorrow for another tour in Afghanistan.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossian 3:15

Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to. Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. We've been working in our flower bed too.

    I'll be praying for your brother in law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    Lifting your brother in law up in prayer that he will be home safe and sound soon!

    Love the picture of your kids playing, they always can make the day go by so fast just living in the moment.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!