Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Homemakers Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cool and in the 50's. It should be in the upper 70's with a chance of rain.


One of my simple pleasures:
Soup simmering away on a cool day. Ahh, the smell and cozy feel!

On my bedside table:
Schoolhouse Brides

On my TV:
Love Comes Softly series

On the menu for tonight:
Tacos

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Pick up house
Schooling
Crafting

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
Fabric pumpkins


Looking forward to:
A wonderful week at home!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Have a container in your freezer where you can put leftover beef and veggies. It makes a great start to a stew or soup and keeps you from tossing a little bit of this and that.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I don't think I had a favorite post last week.


Favorite photo from last week:




Lesson learned the past few days:
Always take safety precautions! Especially when don't think you need them. Chuck was putting some tree branches on the burn pile and one flipped up and hit him in the eye. After a trip to the ER we found out that he has massive scratching on his eye. He should be fine with time, but this could have all been prevented if he had wore his sunglasses!

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My brother-in-law Brian, currently serving in Afghanistan.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air."- Nathaniel Hawthorne

Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to. Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I love soup simmering on the stove too, Wendi!

    Have a wonderful Monday! :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS forget to sign my hubby out! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tip! I hope your hubby's eye heals right up! I have burned my eye before, and it is truly amazing how fast the eye can heal itself!
    Sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Nathaniel Hawthorne quote!

    Ouch, hope you hubby's eye heals quickly. We don't take as many precautions as we should while working either.

    Have a great week, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    I too, am making soup for my little one that has come down with a sore throat after returning back to public school again. Poor thing. I hate that there just isn't much you can do but soup, hot tea and ice cream.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love so many of those things, Wendi....soup, especially in the fall and winter, tacos, Love Comes Softly, and fabric pumpkins!

    What a precious photo of Megan! I have one of Colt like that where he's standing up and lying over the couch asleep! Oh, to sleep that well!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!