Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cool and in the 50's. It should be a great fall day in the low 70's.


One of my simple pleasures:
Sitting outside on a beautiful day reading a book.

On my bedside table:
A Bright Tomorrow by Gilbert Morris

On my TV:
Love Comes Softly series I only watch this during quiet time so it will take me a while to get through it.

On the menu for tonight:
Baked Spaghetti, Bread & Salad

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen

Paint trim in Kitchen
Schooling
Crafting

Babysit

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
Some Christmas presents!

Looking forward to:
Finally completing my kitchen. We are putting on the finishing touches. I hope to be able to share in by next week.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Put things away as you go. Nothing is worse then finishing a project or making a meal and you see a wake of destruction left behind.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I don't think I had a favorite post last week.


Favorite photo from last week:



Always ready to go!

Lesson learned the past few days:
I should wear gloves when painting with black paint. I always forget! That stuff is hard to get off, especially from under the nails. Will I ever learn!?

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My brother-in-law Brian, currently serving in Afghanistan.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU," Hebrews 13:5

Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to. Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

  1. That is so true about picking up as you go! I hate when I'm cooking and just keep piling dishes in the sink. By the time I'm done, the dishes have filled the sink and are spilling over onto the countertop. Then I'm totally overwhelmed by the huge mess. Good tip. And one that I've been trying to use a little more lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday!

    I'm smiling at your lesson learned. Did you miss a word or two there?!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with picking up as you go. It helps ease the burdon later. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    Here is hoping that you are enjoying being outside with cooler weather and reading a great book. Fall is in the air.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Megan's picture and I can't wait to see your kitchen all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://businesseshome.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!