Friday, September 25, 2009

Family Fun: Fall Festival


There is a small town not far from us that has this little, wonderful fall festival every year. I just love it! They have the kind of parade that is little league players in the back of pick up trucks, veterans and the local marching band.


Everyone is throwing candy and the kids are running to grab some!

Everywhere you look you see American pride.


After the parade we headed down to the festival. Megan has fun playing a game


and riding a couple of rides.


A healthy (ha ha) lunch of fair food was had and then we headed home for a much needed nap.

3 comments:

  1. I just love small-town life. It's great! Children don't need big fancy affairs, a blow-up pool with some sand and ducks is just as fun and magical for them, isn't it? Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!! Don't you just love fair food (she says w/ a little sarcasm)? I call it 'festival' food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love the small-town parades? We live in a little country town with a Memorial Day & 4th of July parade (we live in Independence, so the 4th is always done right!). We always go and take a bag for the candy. I love all of the "floats" and our local high school band...it's great! By the way, I want to say I really enjoy your blog. I have a 3 yr old, too, and get lots of ideas from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!