Friday, September 11, 2009

Fall Banner

I have started doing a little fall decorating. I started with my kitchen window sill. After adding a couple of things I thought that it needed something else. I made a simple Fall banner.

(Sorry about the quality of the picture. I forgot to take one until after it was dark out. It is hard to capture a window shot with the glare of the kitchen lights!)

I picked four fall colors of scrapbook paper from my stash. Using Word I ran each sheet through and printed out the letters using font size 200. I then found a pattern for a maple leaf on the net and enlarged it to the size I was looking for. I then layed the leaf pattern centered over the letters and then cut out my letters into the shape of a leaf. I folded over the stem and used double stick tape to secure it over a piece of twine.

Easy to make and I am so happy with the simple way it looks.


4 comments:

  1. That's so cute and creative! I love that touch!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute I will have to use thi sone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    OK, you know I am going to have to copy this design. How clever and simple it is.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really cute, Wendi! Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!