Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Breakfast Al Fresco

Saturday night Miss Megan had a rough night. We ended up starting our day at 3:30 Sunday morning. I could have grumped around and channel surfed but decided to embrace the moment instead.

I straighted up the kitchen and then started breakfast. I served muffins, hard boiled eggs and orange juice. I decided to serve breakfast on the back porch.


I covered the table with my signature red and white table cloth, used an old candle container to repurpose a bouquet that was almost spent. I added some homespun fabric to my roaster for the muffins and some to a berry basket to serve the eggs.

We had breakfast at 6:30 and it was so much fun! It was still fairly dark when we started. It was cool and the night sounds were still out. By the time we finished the sun was rising and it was beautiful! I am so glad I took the time to enjoy this simple pleasure.

9 comments:

  1. Boy that's the very definition of making lemonade out of lemons. How nice!

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Mom! What a great idea! And I so need to get me a checkered table cloth! :)

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very wise! How wonderful that you embraced a not so perfect moment and made it into a beautiful memory! Way to go!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi,

    This is a perfect way to find the positive when it seems like a negative start to our day is beginning. I bet the sunrise as you were finishing breakfast was amazing!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great way to take a tiring night where you could be cranky and make it fun. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great thing to do! I will keep that in mind for the inevitable time when my 3 yr old decides that 3 or 4 am is the perfect time to start the day.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, Wendi! What a great way to redeem the time and create a memory and something special! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!