Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Homemaking Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cool and in the 50's. It should be in the high 70's today. After our strange summer I am wondering if fall is here to stay.

One of my simple pleasures:
The way my home smells when something is baking or simmering on the stove. Doesn't matter if it is cookies, break or a stew on the stove I love the simple, cozy feeling it gives to my home.

On my bedside table:
Tales From Grace Chapel Inn: Spring is in the Air by Jane Orcutt. I have a series of Grace Chapel Inn books by Guidepost. Most things from Guidepost are good reads.

On my TV:
Some Disney or PBS this morning, then nothing.

On the menu for tonight:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Chips, Assortment of fresh veggies & dip

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Clean Oven
Pick up House
Some canning
Schooling
Babysit

New Recipe I tried last week:
Tomato Soup

In the craft basket:
Nothing. I plan to reward myself with some craft time after I get a few projects completed.

Looking forward to:
Having a clean house!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I can't think of anything right now.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Kat @ Heart2Heart


Favorite photo from last week:



Meeting Baby Faith

Lesson learned the past few days:
I can't keep complaining about life moving to fast and not having enough time for things. For the most part I am in control of my time and I need to make time for things that are important and say no to things that cause stress or do not improve the quality of life for my family.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. ~Confucius

Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to. Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I could have written that lesson. It's an everyday battle for me. Cute picture. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    I am officially envious of your weather. We have been soaring in triple digits all weekend long, plus no humidity or winds and we have 6 plus forest fires raging in hours drive from our home. So we are being rained upon by ash and smoke. Not fun!

    Thank you for your link to my blog about being your favorite this week. You truly are a blessing!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vey cute pic! Enjoy your full day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!