Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Homemaking Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Very nice! It is cool and will only be about 80* today. There has been a fall teaser and I am so happy!

One of my simple pleasures:
Sitting outside on a cool evening with a cup of tea.

On my bedside table:
Nothing. I really need to make a trip to the library.

On my TV:
Disney this morning then nothing.

On the menu for tonight:
Something from leftover pot roast. Beef stew or maybe beef pot pie.

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Work on Kitchen
School Megan
Pick tomatoes

New Recipe I tried last week:
Zucchini Banana Bread This is really good, but don't tell my hubby there is zucchini in it! Shhh

In the craft basket:
Nothing. I really need to find some time to craft.

Looking forward to:
Starting Megan's home pre-school.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
While shredding zucchini for a recipe go ahead and shred all that you have. You can freeze it in portion size bags and only have the mess once.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I really need to start bookmarking these!



Favorite photo from last week:


Lesson learned the past few days:
Don't wait until Sunday night to get everything ready school the next week. It is quite stressful to try to cut out everything and print everything all at once. I really hope I have learned by lesson and wont' do it again. Or at least often!

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
Niece to by, Faith
Amber for a safe trip home

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other happy homemaker are doing. Have a great Monday!

16 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    Thanks for the bread recipe. I'm going to try it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic and the bread recipe is on my to try list.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi,

    Love the idea for some pot roast or beef stew possibly with some homemade cornbread. Here is hoping for an early, long fall for all of us.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the zuchinni & banana bread! great secret! have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandma had a zucchini bread recipe that she made for years. Only she called it nut bread so my uncle would eat it. She let me in on the secret but I don't think he ever knew it was really zucchini bread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been having fall like weather too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I miss fall, but of course here in Arizona, we just skip all over those seasons LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love zucchini bread! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops! I was signed in under the wrong blog (see above post), this one has the link to my Happy Homemaker Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture! Where was that taken? Also, I loved your homemaking tip. I have a ton of zucchini. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute my husband doesn't like zucchini either!!.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh that banana bread would work great here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great picture and I'll be trying out that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love zucchini bread!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great lesson! We've all done it at least once. :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the home preschool! We homeschool too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!