Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Humid and about 73*. Looks like there should be a thunderstorm today. Hope it gets rid of the humidity.

One of my simple pleasures:
Sleeping on freshly washed sheets.

On my bedside table:
Preschool workbooks

On my TV:
Nothing this morning. Little House this afternoon.

On the menu for tonight:
Not sure.

On my To Do List:
Early morning appointment
Errands
Laundry
Clean the kitchen, if time

New Recipe I tried last week:
Reece Peanut Butter Cookies. They tasted good, but didn't turn out how I envisioned. I will be to re-think this recipe.

In the craft basket:
Nothing.

Looking forward to:
Marking some things off my to do list.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Freeze juice or lemonade in ice cube trays. On hot days use this in place of ice. That way your drink won't get watered down.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Had internet issues again last week, so I wasn't reading many blogs.

Favorite photo from last week:


Cousins & Friends

Lesson learned the past few days:
Patience is something I constantly need to work on.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
Niece to be, Faith


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him... Psalm 37:7

Stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to.

3 comments:

  1. Bummer about the cookies but not so bad if you have to keep making & trying them. :)

    What a cute picture.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    Nothing feels as great as freshly washed sheets! It's heavenly!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the sheets ~ what a lovely feeling, especially when you've had a long, productive day and you climb into bed and finally get to relax. Heavenly!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!