Monday, August 03, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Sunny and pleasant. It is in the low 60's and will be in the low 80's today.

One of my simple pleasures:
Holding my sweet girl straight out of the tub. Love the fresh smell and how loving she is out of the tub.

On my bedside table:
Nothing.

On my TV:
Disney and I am hoping to catch Martha Stewart. I haven't watched her show in a long time.

On the menu for tonight:
BBQ Beef Sandwiches, Corn on the Cob and a green veggie

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Mop Kitchen
Can pickles
Babysit
Sort through garage sale items

New Recipe I tried last week:
None.

In the craft basket:
Christmas gift tags (still)
Christmas calendar ~ do you see a theme?!

Looking forward to:
Having a garage sale. I am so ready to get rid of stuff.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
As you find things to put in a garage sale you should price it and then store it. It would have saved me so much time if I had done that when sorting out Megan's clothes this spring.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Had internet issues and wasn't able to get on much.

Favorite photo from last week:


Lesson learned the past few days:
Some people never grow up. I attended my 20 year high school reunion over the weekend and some people were acting like it was a college frat party.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My niece to be, Faith

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
As we reflect on days gone by, we learn that it's the shared moments and simple pleasures that matter most of all.
-- Flavia

Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to.

11 comments:

  1. I love the picture!Your both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be doing zuchini pickles hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable picture--I need to come up with some christmas gift ideas I can make now---bookmarks and calendars..care to share your ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute picture! I am starting to think about Christmas too. I don't want to be a crazy woman in December. :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    In addition to those holiday and Christmas songs in my head, I love your adorable picture that you have posted here. Priceless memories!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like everyone else I love the picture its adorable. I need to have a garage sale also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I love your Happy Homemaker Monday! I am married, and work outside the home, and we don't have any children but I still very much enjoy the time I do get to spend taking care of our home. It is so fun to read the Monday Blog.
    I hope you don't mind if I steal the "happy homemaker Monday" idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. weather sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that picture of you two!

    Good luck with the garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  10. precious picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet picture :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!