Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Grocery Shopping Fun!?

I know that this might not be the norm, but I love grocery shopping. I enjoy browsing the isles, looking for deals and matching coupons to stretch my dollar. I usually go early in the morning. I like to be there before it gets crowded. I do not enjoy a busy grocery store.

The one thing that doesn't make it enjoyable is having a cranky little along. I imagine we have all been there with a little who doesn't want to sit in the seat or who promises to hang onto the cart. One second things are fine the next you wonder how your little got half way under the cart so quick! I am sure you get the picture.

I have been thinking that I needed to find a way to make the shopping trip fun for both of us. My solution was to give Megan her own shopping list.


I choose to use a half sheet of paper and put two items we buy on a regular basis on her list. I cut out pictures from the grocery ads and then wrote out the words. I made four different list and laminated them with contact paper. Now I don't have to make a list for each trip and this gives her a little variety.

Not only is it a sanity saver for me, but it makes Megan feel like she is contributing to the shopping trip.

10 comments:

  1. Very clever idea and what a way to make her feel important and as a helper to Mommy!

    I know I had a book called Grocery Cart Math that we used with the kids when they got older. They always liked that too.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's another great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi, I feel the exact same way about grocery shopping!!!!

    Great idea for Megan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! This is teaching her words, along with pictures and helping her remember what she can do to help mom out in the store.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Wendi. This is a fun idea. I'm not sure how you use it, though--does she get to put those items in the cart, or does she just look for the things, and then cross them off with a marker or something?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie,

    We are doing a variety of things with these list. When we first started it was more of an I Spy sort of deal. Now she is starting to get the items and put into the cart. It really just depends on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this idea this will definitely make shopping more easy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!