Friday, August 21, 2009

Fair Time

While at the fair we saw some animals.



Pretend to be a farmer.

Rode the ferris wheel.



Saw displays from times past. One of my favorites was this 1920 kitchen display.


I remember my Granny having a wood stove in her kitchen. If these stoves could talk can you imagine the stories they could tell!


I have no idea why the jars where hung out on this post. All I know is that with my love for canning jars I couldn't resist taking this picture.

Of course some fair food was consumed. We had a great time and are looking forward to attending again next year.

6 comments:

  1. After washing the jars, that's how they dry them??? I don't know??? I thought I saw something like this in Amish country once?

    Great post...looks like alot of fun! I wish our fair had stuff like that! I love that old kitchen too!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you guys must have had! That would be very interesting to see the displays of the past. I love that kind of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Granny would have shined the nickel on the stove and used stove black on the cast iron. That poor stove needs some TLC!
    County Fairs and kids are a magical combination.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendi, I've seen the "bottle trees" here in SC as well. I don't know why

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendi,

    Thanks for sharing these adorable country pictures with us. That reminds me our fair is coming up mid September so I have to get my planner up and running.

    I just love cows. They just look like they need a hug, perhaps it's their beautiful eyes!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that old stove!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!