Wednesday, July 29, 2009

VBS: Crocodile Dock

Last week was the first time that I have ever participated in VBS. It was exhausting, but so much fun! All the years I waited for Megan this is one of the things that I dreamed. I know that might sound silly, but I am so happy to be a mom and so grateful that I am able to do the mom things I always dreamed about.

All of the pictures from the week are on my mother-in-law's camera. All I have is from the evening the kids put on their program. There was a slide show with pictures from the week. All of the kids had a great time looking for their picture.



Megan said that she was not going to get on stage and sing and dance with her group. Much to our surprise she got up on the stage and did sing and dance to "Get Down." After getting down and lifting up several times I think she realized that there was an audience. She proceeded to the edge of the stage and started to cry as I helped her down. Bless her heart! We were very proud of her for trying.


Since the theme was Crocodile Dock the night ended up with a program by Silly Safari. There was an actual alligator for the kids to touch. Megan wanted nothing to do with it!





I am already looking forward to next years program.

7 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and her expression in the last one is priceless, she really doesn't look too thrilled LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame her at all for not liking the crocodile.:-)Looks fun! I've participated with VBS often and am so glad that our church rarely does it anymore! It's exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VBS was one of the things I loved taking Christopher to also! Now I teach his AWANA program...the novelty has worn off (hee,hee...). Just kidding...its fun, but I totally understand the "exhausting" part! By the way, I LOVE the bulletin board...oh to have something pink and purple in my house!! Probably not any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny the things that we look forward to as moms. I am glad that you had fun. Now, for some time to recover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're doing Crocodile Dock this week! It's been a TON of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that! A real live crocodile! I would have had to see that for myself, just hoping that the handler kept a good gripe on his mouth!

    Love all the great pictures and thanks for sharing with all of us.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. My church did Crocodile Dock too and we had a lot of fun. I really like the last picture. I think I would have the same expression on my face too. Have a blessed weekend!
    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!