Friday, July 10, 2009

Sun Dried Clay

Shortly after bringing Megan home she received gift of a subscription to Highlights Magazine. She was really to young at the time so I saved all of the issues. Now that she is older we are having fun going through the magazine and trying some fun activities. Recently we made sun dried clay.


2 cups baking soda
1 cup cornstarch
1 1/4 cup water
food coloring

Heat all except the food coloring over medium heat until the consistency of mashed potatoes. Allow to cool. Divide into fourths and add food coloring. After making your creation place in a sunny spot and allow to dry.

It was fun and I am thinking that instead of adding food coloring you could allow your creation to dry and then paint them. Possibly making Christmas ornaments for the grandparents. Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! :) Happy weekend to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas ornaments would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Great idea for the ornaments! Could you put the child's handprint in the clay? My mom would love that!!! :)


    Blessings!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I'll have to try this with my kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!