Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Snacking Made Fun!

I try to serve snacks that are fairly healthy. I have noticed that when serving veggies Megan and friends are not very excited about them. Here is the solutions to make eating veggies more fun.


I can not claim this as my idea. I saw it on a blog, but for the life of me I can't remember where. The kids loved it! There was nothing left at the end of snack. While eating we were brainstorming on some other combinations. A couple of good suggestions were celery, peanut butter and raisin. Making ants on a log would be fun! Crackers, cheese, grapes and pretzels was another suggestion. Who knew using the muffin tin would make the kids gobble up the veggies!

9 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try those muffin tin days but haven't done it yet. Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen this a while back also on a blog and forgot about doing it this way. Thanks for the reminder now maybe they will eat more healthy things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have seen this!!! Great idea!! I will have to try it! Thanks, Wendi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging really does make all the difference, doesn't it? What a great idea! Glad it was a hit!

    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this, too, and use it often for my 3 yr old son's lunch. He loves cups with shredded cheese, olives, chicken, ham or turkey chunks, pineapple tidbits, etc in them. Makes lunch fun! I have a round muffin tin which he loves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea--this reminds me of those popular bento boxes. Glad it was a success!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!