Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Homemaking Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Sunny and cool. It is about 63* and the high for today is only 78*. I am wondering what happened to summer.

One of my simple pleasures:
Anything in a canning jar. It just feels so old fashioned and homey!

On my bedside table:
Bible, remote and kleenex.

On my TV:
Nothing. No time for tv this week.

On the menu for tonight:
Fish and chips.

On my To Do List:
VBS
Laundry
Clean Kitchen

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
Chore chart
Christmas gift tags
Craft display board for Megan

Looking forward to:
VBS

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Clean the grill after every use. That way when you are ready to grill you don't have to stop and clean it.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Mandy had a great post about finding striving for a joyful life.

Favorite photo from last week:


Lesson learned the past few days:
Yesterday morning our pastor was talking about how having a simple life is not necessary about slowing down. He said sometimes it is about priorities. He went on to say that prayer and time in God's word should be a top priority. It really has me thinking. I guess the lesson I am taking away is that if I put God as my top priority then all else will fall into place.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My niece to be, Faith

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17


Please visit Sandra for more Happy Homemaking Monday post.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm....fish & chips! Sounds good, Wendi! Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy these Happy Homemaker Mondays! I also enjoyed Mandy's post!

    Loved the pic too!

    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendi, I SO agree that putting God first allows everything else to fall into place. I think sometimes we (at least I know I do!) put too much effort in trying to make sure we live a "simple life" that we end up stressed about it and that totally defeats the purpose!

    Thanks for a great reminder today my friend! And thanks for mentioning my post, I'm glad people enjoy some of my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful Monday!

    Precious picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love jars and coffe cans around here as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip about cleaning the grill after each use. I wish we could get into the habit of doing this.
    Thanks for sharing and have a nice week.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum fish and chips.

    What a cute photo, she's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!