Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Sunny and about 64*. The high is predicted to be 84*. I am loving this summer!

One of my simple pleasures:
The smell and look of a fresh cut grass.

On my bedside table:
A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist

On my TV:
Disney this morning and Little House on the Prairie late this afternoon.

On the menu for tonight:
Per hubby's request: Meatloaf, Baked Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, Green Beans

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Sort a container of Megan's toys
Babysit

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
Gift tags

Looking forward to:
A week at home. Only a dentist appointment on the calendar this week.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Place a cookie sheet on the rack under what you are baking. If it spills over it is easier to clean the cookie sheet then the whole oven.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Leanne had a great post titled Plan B.

Favorite photo from last week:
None this week. I still haven't downloaded my camera from last week.

Lesson learned the past few days:
To cut down on my clutter I really need to clip coupons, sort mail and magazines and put them away right away. If not I end up with piles of things to do and put away. Yuck!

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter
My niece to be, Faith

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
...I am with you always... Matthew 28:20

Please visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to.

8 comments:

  1. I keep my home pretty tidy but when it comes to papers, I always struggle with them. Finding the right places for them is the hardest!

    It's been a mild summer, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great homemaking tip! I think we have probably all learned that one the hard way. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 64 Degrees!!! How nice!The menu sounds good too...I think I will have that tomorrow. Enjoyed your HM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been very cool here this summer as well. Except for this week we will be close to 90. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I wish I had your 64 degrees :)

    I always keep foil on my lowest baking rack, it catches all the spills and I just keep replacing as needed, saves on cleaning the oven :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendi,

    I too have used your homemade tip of using a cooking sheet under whatever I am baking. I am looking into trying this silicone pads that you lay on the bottom to keep your oven clean and avoid additional cleaning of the cooking sheet.

    Wishing we had your weather here in Southern California High Desert where we are looking at our 20th day of well over 105 to 110 temps.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. great tip about the cookie sheet under.. what a DUH moment I just had with that one LOL- So jealous of that 64 degrees- but give us a few months here in AZ and when you all are buried under snow we will be skipping around in that 64 degrees ourselves..it all evens out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you will join me at Diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesdays. The details for that and the Mister Linky are already posted. The first giveaway item has been announced and you can expect the additional ones over the next few days. The date of the first event is August 5. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!