Thursday, July 02, 2009

Chicken Casserole

In my Happy Homemaker Monday post I have mentioned a couple of times that chicken casserole was on the menu. Michelle asked for the recipe.


Cook and drain 16 oz bag of egg noodles.

Combine the following:
Swanson canned chunk white chicken 4.5 oz (I have used diced fresh cooked chicken also)
2 cans cream of chicken soup 10.75 oz cans
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Add cooked noodles and bake at 400* for 30-45 minutes. Until bubbles and top begins to brown.
This is a recipe that I am sure originated with Campbells. I tried to find it, but was unsuccessful. As a child this is something that mom made often. She always added a drained can of peas. Since I am not a fan of peas I omitted those. Instead I serve the veggie on the side.

This is the combination that I usually serve.



Green beans, blueberry muffins and a fruit. This night it happened to be applesauce.

I always have the items in the pantry to make this. If I have had a busy day, forget to set something out or if my meat does not thaw in time this is my go to meal. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Wendi! Oh, and Happy birthday to sweet Megan!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and so easy. I"ll keep this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a quick and easy meal this weekend, both for my own family and to take to a friend. So glad I found this. I'm going to try it tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!