Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Making Dinner Fun

I am always looking for ways to make dinner fun. While at Target I found these cute baskets in the dollar spot section.




As soon as I saw them I knew they would be perfect to spice up dinner. I was trying for a restaurant style meal.


I lined the basket with wax paper and then wrapped the lower half of the sandwiches in a wax paper wrapper. I knew this was a hit when Megan got excited as I was placing them on the table. She said "I want one of those."

I am always looking for ways to make the normal everyday things a little more fun. I would love to hear what you do to spice up dinner time.



4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea - those baskets are too cute!

    When we make homemade pizzas, I let the kids put the toppings on, and we eat outside a lot in the summer.

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling idea. My grandkids and my hubby would love this and wouldn't it be fun for a meal on the patio.

    Have A Terrific Tuesday
    from The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those baskets!

    I let my daughter set the table in her own way. We usually end up with Elmo/Dora/holiday placemats (sometimes, one of each),napkins leftover from a birthday party, party paper cups, even party hats. Somehow that makes things fun and the food is secondary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cute. I'll have to look for some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!