Friday, June 26, 2009

Lemon Sponge Cake

I was up early yesterday and decided it would be a good time to bake. I was looking for something that would be a refreshing Summer desert. After doing some research I finally found a recipe where all the ingredients were in my pantry.



6 eggs, yolk & white separated
1 cup sugar
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

Beat yolks of eggs until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in the sugar, grated lemon rind, and juice. Fold in half of the stiffly beaten egg whites.

Cut in sifted flour, salt and remaining egg whites.

Bake at 325* for about one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Glaze:


1cup powdered sugar
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs milk


Combine and pour over cake.


This cake reminded me more of a pound cake then a sponge cake. It was quite tasty and would be very good served with fresh fruit. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. YUM! Looks wonderful, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Wendi. Darrell loves lemon. Thanks for the recipe!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds SOOOO good! And sinful! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!