Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Sunny and pleasant. The temperature is in the high 60's and it only suppose to get to around 83 today. My kind of weather!

One of my simple pleasures:
All the windows open and a pleasant breeze blowing through my home.

On my bedside table:
The Secret by Beverly Lewis

On my TV:
Nothing

On the menu for tonight:
Not sure. I haven't made my weekly menu yet.

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Spend time outside, weeding and trimming bushes
Make grocery list and match coupons

New Recipe I tried last week:
Lemon Sponge Cake

In the craft basket:
Nothing yet. I finished the last baby quilt Friday and haven't started anything new.

Looking forward to:
Spending time outside enjoying the wonderful weather.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
To help prepare breakfast faster mix up all of your dry ingredients and wet ingredients the night before. The next morning mix them together. This really speeds things up and makes it so you don't have lots of dirty dishes to start the day.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Leanne's post What do You Hunger for?

Favorite photo from last week:

Lesson learned the past few days:
Not only pray for the things you desire, but also take the steps to make it happen.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Luke 11:9-10

5 comments:

  1. thanks for mentioning my post...you are so sweet! and I am so THANKFUL for the break in the weather, also... it was WAY too hot for my taste! have a great week!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE having the breeze flowing in through the windows also! Beverly Lewis is on of my fav authors also...great tip and cute photo!

    Blessings! May your Monday be Merry!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's much cooler here too! I was able to sit out on our porch early this morning and actually felt a little chilly!

    I love your "lesson learned" this week - I need to take a little more action.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cool breezes. We have one more day of rain here then cooler temps! Beverly Lewis is one of my favorite authors! Blessings, Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cooler here too! I'm loving it! I really love that photo of your sweet daughter! That's so cute!

    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!