Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Sunny and warm. The temperature is predicted to be about 80 and finally there is no rain in today's forecast!

One of my simple pleasures:
Lighting a candle. Not only do I love the warm candle glow, but I also love the yummy scent it put outs!

On my bedside table:
Magazines, Magazines, Magazines. I really need to go through them.

On my TV:
Nothing.

On the menu for tonight:
BBQ Grilled Chicken Breast, Green Beans & Rice. If I have time I am going to make Honey Wheat Bread.

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Clean Oven
Quick run to the grocery.

New Recipe I tried last week:
None. I barely cooked last week. Got to love invites to other homes for dinner!

In the craft basket:
Baby quilts for a couple upcoming showers.

Looking forward to:
A week with no babysitting. I hope to paint the living room ceiling and hang some wallpaper.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
If you have a corner that you can not get clean while scrubbing floors, use a wet Q-tip. Works great to get that hard to reach yuck out of the corner!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I haven't had much time to be on the computer. I know, I keep saying that. It must be a summer thing!

Favorite photo from last week:


Aunt Ping and Megan

Lesson learned the past few days:
Not everyone will be kind. Sometimes it is just better to keep smiling and pretend that you haven't heard something. You have to pick your battles and sometimes it just isn't worth the fuss.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and daughter

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Be kind to everyone." 2 Timothy 2:24

Please stop by and visit Sandra to see what other Happy Homemakers are up to.

7 comments:

  1. Great tip about the Qtip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lesson learned is one that I can take as well. I like the tip with the Qtip. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lesson learned. It's so true and it was good to get a reminder. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The candle is a good one - I may need to use that in one of my future posts! :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan just keeps getting prettier all the time!
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  6. menu sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Wendi. I enjoyed your post. You're invited to come by and see my post. :)

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!