Monday, June 01, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


On my bedside table:
Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder

On my TV:
Disney this morning, then nothing.

On the menu for tonight:
Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches, Fries, Fruit Cocktail and Cherry Jello for an evening treat.

On my To Do list:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Make a bank deposit and a quick trip to the grocery

New recipe I tried last week:
Whole Wheat Banana Bread

In the craft basket:
Hand towels for shelf in bathroom

Looking forward to:
A three day weekend with nothing on the calendar.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
If you toast your buns/bread before making sandwiches like sloppy joe or bbq then the buns/bread will not get soggy.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Haven't been spending much time on the computer.

Favorite photo of the week:


Lesson learned the past few days:
When times are tough never stop praying for your hearts desire. I have a long time friend and she has gone through a very rough time. She and her husband divorced in December. It was the wake up call her husband needed. The have gone to counseling, found a church and are getting re-married on their anniversary date. Although their marriage did end, she never stopped praying that they would find each other again.

On my Prayer List:
My husband & daughter
Brian, my brother-in-law
Mike, my step-father-in-law on his job hunt

Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13 4-7


Please visit Sandra @ Diary of a SAHM to read about other Happy Homemakers. Be sure stop by and wish her a great Monday!


6 comments:

  1. Love your picture! :) I didn't know that about toasting rolls/buns...great tip!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of your daughter is so sweet and the prayer answered for your friend was an inspiration.

    Happy Homemaker Monday
    The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the story about your friend - how wonderful!

    I just finished reading Farmer Boy to the kids last week! We do a family read aloud before bed. We've been reading the Little House Series for about a year now.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is adorable! Thanks for the tip about toasting buns/bread for saucy fillings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest photo ever, she is just adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!