Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Closet Keeping

I had this great idea that I would iron Megan's cloths as needed. Not a great idea! I found that I was skipping over outfits that needed to be ironed and only pulling them out to iron when there was a special occasion. Most of the time I was waiting until the last minute and stressing out about time.

My solution was to go through Megan's closet. I sorted clothes, put everything in order and ironed everything!


Everything is in order. Sorry, but I forgot to take a before picture. This is what her closet looks like now.



The plan is to iron Megan's clothes as I do laundry, before I place them back in her closet.

I am so pleased with the way this closet turned out that I am going to do the same thing in my closet. Do you iron as you do laundry or as needed? What works for you?
>

8 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic Wendi!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closet looks wonderful! I've always ironed as needed and it works out great for me. You just have to find what works for you - looks like you have!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I iron when the pile is towering. I hate to iron.

    I wish my girls closet looked that good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The closet looks great! I also thought it was a great idea to 'iron as I go' but I always seemed to want my daughter in an outfit that needed ironing when I was rushing to go somewhere. Plus, I felt like I was ironing all the time! So I iron before I put it in the closet. Works much better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always iron clothes before putting them in the closet, but I still get behind sometimes! If I am behind the clothes sit on a basket on the dryer so that they are always there to remind me to iron! Sunday morning, especially go so much better if our clothes are already ironed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. IRON??? What is that?? Seriously, my kids must look a MESS because I RARELY (did I say RARELY) Iron anything!!!!!!! I feel lucky to get the laundry folded and put away so you are WAY ahead of me!!!!! LOL!!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!