Tuesday, June 09, 2009

62 Cent Bathroom Decorating

Come in and take a look at the changes in my bathroom.


Remember when I posted about a shelf I got from my father-in-law? Well, it was the inspiration to finally decorate the bathroom. Here is the shelf before...


and the after.


I had purchased three valances to use in the bath, but after putting them up I realized that two curtains above the shower was to much. I had saved the extra valance and used it to made these towels.

The items on the top of the shelf were previously in the bathroom. They sat on a single white shelf that I was never in love with.


Here is the middle shelf. The glass jars were in storage. I pulled them out and my wonderful hubby used scrap wood to create the box they are sitting in. All of the stars were pulled from my craft stash. The black star started out as just the star without the stand. The scale was off so I found a dowel in the garage and had Chuck cut a scrap to make the stand. A little hot glue and it was perfect.



For the bottom shelf I used frames that were in my craft stash. The frames were very inexpensive to begin with. I think they were all $1 at Michaels. I gave them a coat of paint and I stitched the saying "All Because Two People Fell In Love." I put bathtime pictures of my sweet girl in the other frames. That is were I spent my 62 cents. Printing out the pictures!


This sign is hanging on the same wall as the above shelf. It is above the mirror and a couple of towel racks.

I used scrap wood and the stencil belongs to my sister. It turned out much better then I imagined.

This area is on the opposite wall from the above shelf.


To disguise the top of the ugly shower doors I hung a valance. The signs are made from frames that again were in my craft stash.

Here is a close up of the signs. I wanted them to look like they could old slates. I really wanted to use black paper and white lettering, but my printer would not do that.

The signs say: A merica, B rave, C ourage, D ependable, E nergetic, F aith, G od, H ome

This sign hangs above the closet door. It was a Christmas gift from Chuck. It was made by the very talented Kindra.

Last but not least is this shutter. This is something that was already in the bathroom. It was already red, but not quite the same as the large shelf. I gave it a coat of paint to make it match.


I hope that you enjoyed the tour!


17 comments:

  1. oh my word...so cute and inspiring!! you did an amazing job! I love the little towels and the stenciled sign!! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !! What a great job. I have all kinds of stuff "stashed" away here but I have no idea how to put things together.

    You did such a great job. I may have togo look at some of my things and see what I might could do around my home.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time in your blog and it looks so nice. Great job in this project. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of hanging a valance to disquise the top of the shower doors. I just may have to steal that idea! That was 62 well spent cents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Wendi!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man oh Man can you decorate with 62 cents!! I'm so impressed with what you did. Makes me want to redo my bathroom! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks just wonderful, Wendi! Doesn't it feel good to have a beautiful new room with no money spent? Great job!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas, Wendi. What a fun and frugal makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your bathroom! That cabinet is great...I love what you did with it and your entire bathroom! I'm in the decorating phase of my bathroom now too. Jason just made me a cabinet! I'm excited!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks great. So cute on a budget! You might have inspired me to do a little decorating. :-)Wonder what I could do in my floral wall-papered bathroom?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Wendi, you did a fantastic job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wendi,
    I found your blog by way of Monica at the homespun heart. I have been searching for some way to help a friend decorate her bathroom. She has shower doors on all three of her bathrooms. I am so happy to have found your new bathroom! I love it and I love your valance above the shower. Please visit me sometime at www.bibbyfam.blogspot.com! You did such a good job on your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks fabulous. I really like what you did with the shelf and the valances. I wouldn't have thought of using a valance like that.

    Have a blessed day!
    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Wendi!!! It looks fantastic!!! The shelf looks wonderful and I just love the towels and valance you made!!! Everything looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That turned out great. I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i enjoyed the tour of your bathroom and the new, crafty decor (well, i guess its about a month old now... ) Very inspiring! :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!