Thursday, May 14, 2009

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips


Stir butter, sugars, vanilla and egg until well blended. Stir in dry ingredients. Add Chocolate chips. Bake at 375* for 8-10 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.

This was the first recipe that I have tried using whole wheat flour. They turned out really well. Chuck didn't even know they were different until I told him! I am trying to incorporate more whole wheat flour into my cooking. Look for me to share more recipes as I experiment. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. We love whole wheat choc chip cookies here too! :-) They look delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Yummy!! Will add this recipie to my To try list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to use more whole wheat flour too! Thanks for the recipe..I may try them this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What temp did you cook them at? Did I miss that somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I didn't mean to leave out the temp. I baked them at 375*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I can't wait to try these. The last time I baked w/ whole wheat was when I pregnant and it didn't sit well with me. I think I am over it (7 years later!) and am ready to try again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound so yummy! I use whole wheat flour in all of my baking recipes--usually in a ratio of 1:3 with white flour. I'm going to bookmark this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!