Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Whole Wheat Banana Bread


1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
2 egg whites
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup toasted walnuts, pecans, etc (optional)

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. In large bowl mix sugar, oil, egg whites, bananas, milk and vanilla. Mix until well blended. Add dry ingredients. Bake at 350* for 55-62 minutes for 8 inch pan or 45-52 minutes for 9 inch pan.

This is a Betty Crocker recipe and it is delicious! I am not a huge fan of banana bread and I loved this recipe. It was very moist and will certainly be a keeper. I doubled the recipe to make two loaves and am glad that I did since one went home with my father-in-law. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Wendi, I am going to try this. I have some bananas that I need to do something with.

    I am always looking for whole wheat recipes that others are using and know that they work.

    Hae a good day at your place !
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi,

    My mouth is actually watering as I read this! I love banana bread and banana cake mix is also my favorite and what I ask for on my birthday! I'm definitely printing this recipe and giving it a try! I can tell by looking just how moist it is! Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried wholewheat banana bread, I'll have to save this recipe and try it, looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...have you tried it with chocolate chips...sounds weird..but oh sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!