Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


On my bedside table:
Virgina by Kathy Marie Hake
A Sane Woman's Guide to Raising a Large Family by Mary Ostyn

On my TV:
Little People, Big World

On the menu for tonight:
Spaghetti, Salad, Bread

On my To Do list:
Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Paint some of my treasures, if time
Babysit
Weed while the kids play outside

New recipe I tried last week:
No new recipe tried last week. I hope to have some time to play in the kitchen this week.

In the craft basket:
Learning to crochet

Looking forward to:
Painting a cabinet for my bathroom.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
When browning beef make extra for the freezer. It is great to be able to make quick tacos, spaghetti or for use on pizza.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Didn't have much time on the computer last week.

Favorite photo of the week:

My Mother's Day gift. It has handprints on craft paper to wrap around the base of the milk can, they ran out of time to get it attached. My hubby is very creative!

Lesson learned the past few days:
Life can be crazy no matter where you live. If I really want to live a simple life it is up to me to make decisions to make it simple. It is a daily challenge to find the right balance.

On my Prayer List:
My husband & daughter
Brian, my brother-in-law

Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Despite all new inventions and modern designs, fads and fetishes, no one has yet invented, or will ever invent, a satisfying substitute for one's own family."
-- Dr. Stuart E. Rosenberg in his book, The Road to Confidence


Please visit Sandra @ Diary of a SAHM to read about other Happy Homemakers. Be sure stop by and wish her a great Monday!


7 comments:

  1. Hi~Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Your gift is a really cute and sweet idea! Stop in and and visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat Mother's Day gift! Sounds like you have a busy day with babysitting and all!

    Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Mother's Day gift!

    It really is a balancing act when you're trying to create a simple, contented life. It's so easy to get wrapped up unnecessary "stuff" before you know it!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gift, how sweet!

    Happy Homemaker Monday
    from
    The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the Mother's Day gift, how sweet.

    Hope you're having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love your Mother's Day gift. What a wonderful idea!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mothers' day gift. My little girl made a similar gift a couple of years ago.

    Blessings, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!