Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Down on the Farm

Our trip to Iowa was fantastic! We had so much fun down on the farm. Megan was able to feed the cows corn. She thought it was great until the cow licked her!


A calf was born while we were there. It was a couple of hours old when we were able to go see it. It was so soft and sweet!


We were invited to go see some pigs. I thought it would be a few pigs in a barn, but no that wasn't it. We went to a hog operation.


I can't say it was the best experience. The smell about knocked us over and it was a little sad to see that the pigs spent their entire life in a building. One of those parts of country life that isn't very pretty.

Megan had a blast "driving" the tractor.


We saw firsthand the change in rural America scenery. There were hundreds of wind turbines in the area.



There were four on the farm where we stayed. We were able to walk out to the field and have a close look.


This will give you an idea of how big these things are.


It was amazing to get to see one up close.

The main reason for the trip was for a wedding. Chuck's uncle brought his bride to be and her son here from China in February.

It was a beautiful wedding with a mix of American and Chinese traditions. I think it is wonderful that Megan has an aunt and cousin that are Chinese.


I hope that you enjoyed a glimpse of our trip to Iowa. As great as it was it is always great to be home! I look forward to settling back into our routine.


5 comments:

  1. What a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great trip! My dad was a pig farmer so I know that smell all too well!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that your daughter gets to experience "real" farm life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice time. Those wind turbines always freak me out a little--they're so big, and at night, they seem spooky to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!