Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stuff

Happy Thursday! Yesterday was a good day. I am finding my groove with housework. It feels so good to have the desire to get things going again. I love being home and love it when my home is in order. I just got off track and lost my motivation for a while.

Besides housework we were able to spend some time outside. I received my first bouquet from Megan.

I just hope she isn't too disappointed when she sees the dandelions are gone and I am sure violets aren't far behind. There are still plenty of those wild things for her to pick.

We use to have our yard treated. I admit that it looks really nice when there is nothing but a lush green lawn. That was the first thing to go when we started slashing the budget. Not to mention it is not good for the environment or children.

After watching some of the Earth Day programs it really makes me think. We do recycle, but it makes me feel like that is not enough. All the plastic that I keep seeing yesterday makes me wonder why the manufacturers keep producing everything in plastic. Remember the glass soda bottles? I remember returning them to the store for the deposit. One summer my cousin, Rick went on a bottle search and earned enough money to buy fireworks. It just had me thinking about what I can do and why the more manufacturers aren't more environmentally conscience.

I have some decisions to make about my kitchen. The original plan was to paint my shelves black. Now I am questioning that. It just seems that black really shows dust. Now I am thinking about going with white. Such tough decisions. If you have black shelves let me know if you love them or hate them.

Today is suppose to be warmer then yesterday. I put off washing sheets yesterday and can't wait to hang them on the line. I love that smell! Hope everyone has a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Leah Kate used to pick dandelions for me every day when she was about Megan's age - she still picks little wild flowers for me.

    We have a large black shelf in the dining room and a small one in the living room. We also have black end tables.(Can you tell I'm partial to black?) It's really not that bad. Use one of those dusting polishes that sort of repels dust. I'm pretty sure it's a Pledge product - Endust may have one too.

    Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will look great!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on painting my kitchen black and white but mostly I will do white with touches of black. i am really excited. I would love to see what you do.

    The Raggedy Girl--Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have black shelves, but have a black coffee maker and a black bread machine and a black stove that always look dusty. I can dust them every day, and they look dusty the next day.
    I have white shelves and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have white painted cabinets in my bathroom. They are a high gloss paint and I love them because they wipe clean very easily. I know that isn't as high traffic as a kitchen, but they sure are easy to care for.

    I visit a blog sometimes called Chatting at the Sky. She did a post fairly recently about painting her kitchen cabinets black and they looked fantastic. You may want to stop in and have a look.

    Either way, your kitchen will look updated, clean and fresh! I'm a little green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet that Megan brought you flowers! Nathan brings me sticks. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!