Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quiet Day = Happy Home

I don't know about the rest of you but yesterday we were all exhausted after a very busy weekend. We had pizza and colored eggs Friday evening at my parents. Went to my father-in-law's on Saturday for dinner and an egg hunt. Visited a new church on Easter morning with my mother-in-law and her husband. Loved it by the way and will be going back to visit again. Had dinner with my parents and then went to Chuck's mom's for dessert. Whew! No wonder we were exhausted yesterday. The good kind of exhaustion. Full of faith, family and fun!

I needed to run a quick errand in the pouring rain this morning and Megan was more then happy to show off her raincoat.


After we returned home we had a peaceful day. I ended up laying down with Megan after she was startled awake. Rest is exactly what I needed. I made a simple dinner of tacos and just enjoyed being home.

After dinner Megan insisted Daddy join her in her room. I had a great time listening to their fun.



They pretended to sleep and wake up, went to the store for Veggie Tales and just enjoyed being with each other. It brought a smile to my face to listen in on them.

Today we return to our normal schedule of babysitting, laundry and cleaning. I am grateful I was able to have a quiet day to just enjoy the sounds of my happy home!

7 comments:

  1. I know all that activity this weekend has really pooped me out! I'm still recovery and trying to catch up! Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yesterday was a recovery day for a lot of people. Megan looks cutre in her rain jacket. Purple would seemed to be her color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I did a little work but not much it was a day to recover from the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were exhausted from the weekend too! Love quiet days at home!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post and your little girl is so darling. What a blessing.

    Have A Terrific Tuesday
    from Roberta Anne--The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound tiring, but fun! I love the pics! Please Megan that I love her raincoat! It's very girly and she looks so cute in it!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!