Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Picnic Fun!

I have been waiting for the weather to warm up so we could head out for a picnic. For the last week we have been blessed with warm days and sunshine. Perfect for a picnic! Megan and I whipped up an invite for Daddy and left it by his spot at the dinner table.


I packed my wicker picnic basket full of canning jars and sandwiches cut into flower shapes. The sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper, tied with twine and had a name tag.


When we saw a table with this backdrop we knew this was the spot.


All set up and ready for dinner. I just love the look of all of the canning jars. Not only do they keep the food from getting squished but I think they look great. I can just imagine that my Granny's picnic might have looked similar to this


I think drinking out of a jar might have been one of Megan's favorite thing for the evening!


I am looking forward to many more picnics this summer.

11 comments:

  1. Great job on your charming picnic! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! We love picnics-it's our favorite date. Yet we often forget to go because we don't plan for it. I've planned our first picnic of the season for this Friday. Hopefully many more will follow this summer!

    Even though I'm practical to the nth degree usually, I love making our picnics charming and old-fashioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat! I love old fashioned picnics!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! You have given me some awesome ideas! I have been wanting to go on a picnic for a few weeks! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is next to your plates on the picnic table? it looks like denim pockets...just curious.
    what a wonderful picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good picnic. Its too wet for us today, but maybe we can have an indoor picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time!! Thanks for the insipration...now to find something to use as a basket... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, Wendi, and I like that you made an invitation for Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! I hope you enjoy many more picnics this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so precious. What a memory. Love the canning jar idea. Practical and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!