Friday, April 03, 2009

Clothesline & Clothes Pin Bag

I would like to introduce you to my newest love...



As a child I grew up with laundry dried on the line. Oh, how I love that smell! This has been on my wish list since we moved in almost eight years ago. Can you tell how happy I am!?

What is a clothesline without a clothespin bag? Certainly no fun! My solution was to make my own bag. I have seen some really cute ones online. My goal was for it to be functional, cute and most of all free! I achieved this by using one of Megan's old dresses. The dress I used is a 24 month and is too short for Megan. Not only was it too short, but had developed a hole in the bodice. No longer a candidate for resale or handing down.

I first turned the dress inside out and sewed the bottom of the dress closed.


I then took the back where the buttons were folded them to the wrong side of the dress and sewed them closed. This is what will make your opening large enough to get your pins in and out.

Oh, and don't forget to remove the buttons for your button jar!

I then turned the dress right side out and sewed the sleeves shut.


I then inserted a hanger just like I would if I was hanging up the dress. I stitched under the hanger to secure it.


Here it is finished.



The thing I like most about this is that years from now I will be reminded of how small Megan once was.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea Wendi--and it turned out really cute! Hope things are going well for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi, that is too cute!

    I grew up with clothes dried on the line too. I am SO glad you posted this because I've been telling hubby that I want a clothesline. He thinks nobody has a clothesline anymore - well, now I get to show him your post!

    Have great weekend!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling clothespin bag! I saw that idea recently on Betz White's blog!

    Thank you for your very kind comment today - I appreciate you!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. I really love it. I lost my clothes line when a wind storm took out the tree it was anchored to. This year clothes line goes on poles cemented into the earth. I love the smell of clothes dried outdoors.

    Have A Fabulous Friday
    From Roberta Anne
    The Raggedy Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea ! i love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea! I found your blog through "like merchant ships." I love creative ideas. My blog is called "outside the box!" Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I miss my clothesline! Haven't had one since moving into this subdivision 2 yrs ago. Looks like it has warm in Indiana! I'm in Kentucky, today was nice but it's been a little chilly here, and I have much to do outside! Found your blog from Like Merchants Ships, congrats on winning the book!I have a son who will be 3 in June, when will Megan be 3?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I asked my hubby for a new clothes line for Mother's Day! I LOVE hanging stuff on the line especially our towels/sheets/blankets! What a cute idea for a clothspin bag! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is FAR TOO CUTE!!! OH MY STARS!!!! I have GOT to do this!!! I LOOOOOOOOVE this!!! Seriously, Wendi, you ALWAYS have the BEST ideas!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!