Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Whatcha Workin' on Wednesday

It is that time again to share what we have been working on. I hate to say it, but I am still working on the kitchen. This has turned in to the project that won't quit! I know that it will be worth all the work in the end.

The back splash has been installed and has been painted. Here is a peek.



The yellow isn't quite what I wanted, but I like it. The first coat was much too bright. I toned it down with some white and am satisfied. The plan was to paint the walls the same color as the back splash. Now I think it will be too much. I am going to add more white and paint the walls a paler yellow.

I am excited to get all the painting done so that the fun stuff can begin. For now I have just thrown stuff on the counters. We were tired of not having a table to eat at.

One of the things that was on the table was this crock with a candle. The candle had been used up for some time, but I couldn't part with it.


My solution was to clean out the candle and see the crock on the counter to hold dishwasher tablets.

Well, that is what I have been working on. Be sure to stop by and visit Leslie to see what other have been working on.

Have a great Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. The backsplash is very creamy looking. It looks really good. I remember doing kitchen renovations. It seems when the kitchen is in a mess ,the whole house is in a mess. My best to you on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the backsplash is adorable...and inspiring! I like the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the backsplash looks pretty also. My kitchen walls are yellow (a bit brighter than your backsplash) and it makes the room feel joyful and lively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendi, I love the color of your backsplash...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so good! I love that creamy yellow!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that shade of yellow on the backsplash. Yellow is such a cheery color for a kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the yellow :) I had a yellow kitchen before I went with the tan I have now. In fact, if you read my post, I plan to help my grandparents by painting their kitchen and Gran picked almost the SAME color :) It's very cheerful!

    Your kitchen may seem to be taking awhile but it will be all worth it when it's completed. You're getting close, at least it looks it to me....

    Have a great day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have beadboard for backsplash as well. Yours turned out great! And great idea with the crock for a soap holder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!