Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vacation Day?

Monday ended up as an unexpected vacation day for Chuck. I would like to say it was full of fun and exciting things. Sorry can't. I guess when Chuck up he went into the kitchen to get a drink and heard a hiss sound. He didn't pay much attention to it since he was still in that not quite awake state. When he went to leave he heard it again and went to investigate. Somehow the water line to the ice maker had sprung a leak. What a mess!

I had no idea any of this was going on. Daylight savings time along with a very busy Sunday left Megan and I very tired. It was eight o'clock and we were still asleep!! When Chuck woke us up I was surprised. I asked what was going on and he said he would tell me when I was more awake. I first thought was that he lost his job! I couldn't think of any other reason why he would be home. Thankfully that wasn't it. Whew!

We are still uncertain about the wood floor under the frig. It was very wet. A fan was ran most of the day and we will just have to hope for the best.

This unexpected day off did allow me to get some stuff done in the kitchen. The back splash is painted. The pantry is ready to be moved back in and I am ready to start prepping the cabinet doors for paint. Yeah! I will be back tomorrow with some picture of our progress.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. wow that sounds like a mess...but I guess something good came out of it too. Stop in and visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying that the floor can be saved!
    You are really making progress in your kitchen! :)
    Wishing you a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your troubles.

    This past Friday night, minutes before our dinner company was to arrive at our home, my daughters ask me why there was water around our fridge !! Sure enough, the ice maker!!

    Boy, we can't live with them, and we can't live without them, lol....

    I am hoping that your floor will be fine.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best to you on your floor. Hope everything works out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a bummer. I hope that you don't have permanent damage to the wood floors. I can't wait to see the pictures of your finished kitchen.

    Have a blessed day!
    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!