Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trip to the Hospital

My week certainly didn't turn out like I had planned. On Tuesday morning Megan and I ate breakfast, started a load of laundry and head out to Kohl's before 9am. What a great start to the day! I returned tiny's 2T capris, picked out a couple of shirts since they didn't have any capri pants in size 18 mos. We loaded up and headed home. The weather was fantastic and I had the whole day planned.

On the way home I felt weird and thought maybe I was getting a stomach ache. I went home and the pain moved to the left side of my back. There was a constant pain, but at times it was almost unbearable. To make a long story short I ended up having a MRI and have kidney stones. Ouch!

I have been drinking lots of water and taking pain medication and right now I feel pretty good. I am suppose to call the doctor's office tomorrow and get my next set of instructions.

We had plans to go for chinese on Saturday night with some friends we went to China with. I have cancelled those plans and we will be spending a nice, quiet weekend at home.

That is my excitement for the week. I hope there isn't quite so much excitement in the next week. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Ouch! My neighbor just had kidney stones, too. I hope they pass quickly and without notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My, I'm sorry you've been in so much pain! I hope you're all better soon!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. yuk... take it easy! I hope you feel better and that they "pass" very soon!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to read that you've not been feeling well. I'll add you to my prayer list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a surprise attack of kidney stones before Joshua was born. It really took me by surprise cause I was actually in a job interview and all of a sudden I had this sharp pain that got worse and worse so I hurried through got in my car and called my husband and said I have to go to an emergency room cause I had no idea what was wrong. Long way of me saying...the next day it passed after peeing in that little strainer thing and I haven't had one since. So I hope it passes quickly and easily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this! I pray that you will get over this quickly. The mom of one of my childcare boys had kidney stones and a UTI last weekend.

    I wish you were closer so I could bring you a meal and help with Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch is right! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you're back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!