Thursday, March 05, 2009

Think Spring!

Think Spring! Think Spring! That is certainly what I have been doing. It was 50* and sunny yesterday. Today and Friday is is suppose to be 60*. Yes, I know we still have a way to go to spring here in Central Indiana, but a girl can think spring. Right?

We took a break from our kitchen last night and headed out for dinner at Cracker Barrel and then a trip to the hardware store. While there I couldn't resist picking up some of these. (I took this picture on my new counter top.)


I plan to start the lettuce seeds this weekend. I want to be ready to transplant seedling in a few weeks.

This is what is left on the back splash. I think Chuck said he has eight boards left to cut.


I am loving the way it looks. He should get the rest of them cut tonight and then he will remove them all and number them. Starting Friday he will be able to start to glue them up. Then the fun painting part begins! Slowly, but surely it is coming together.

Have a great Thursday!

9 comments:

  1. What a great countertop! Can't wait for the finished photo but in the mean time, thanks so much for showing us what you've done. I still have a few feet of snow here so it is so hard to think spring, but yes it is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I am thinking I am liking your kitchen!! Love, love, love beadboard!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!
    I know what you mean about your heart being in the country. I would love to have lots of land and an old farmhouse.
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! It's so awesome to see a project come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want a garden! We have all this land but no garden. We just moved here last year and we have so much work to do. We have very rocky soil!

    Can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visting my blog. Nice to meet you. I hope that your have a really fruitful garden this year. The beaded board does look nice. I'll be back.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen is looking good! I am itching to do some gardening too...going to start seeds with the kids indoors next week, maybe read a book or two about gardening...do you have any fun craft ideas related to gardening? Would love to hear!

    Enjoying your blog!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I can't wait to see it all painted with the new countertop...it will look so good!

    I'm ready for spring too...we had our one snow! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo Hoo...the kitchen isn't even finished yet and you're already planning to fix home grown vegetables in it. You're on the BALL! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!