Friday, March 27, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Home is certainly where I plan to be for the next couple of days. For a week that had nothing on the calendar we have sure been on the go!

Nothing earth shattering. I spent Monday and Wednesday at my parents house. Just visiting. Tuesday was spent outside until dark. A little planting was done and the to do list grew a little. Okay a lot! A quick trip to the grocery store and lunch out yesterday. Before I knew it the week was almost over!

Just the basics have been tended to at home. No time for the tender loving care that makes a home, well feel more like home!

Today is Chuck's Friday off. The plan is to catch up on my housework, do a little work on the kitchen and hopefully the rain will hold off so that we can spend some time outside.

Here is a quote that sums up exactly how I feel.

"Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort." Jane Austen

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you mean...we were gone for two days and when we got home it was like a breath of fresh air!!! Of course, it helped that I had cleaned really well before we left! :D Have a great day and hope the weather stays nice for you! :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel like my 'empty' weeks are the busiest. I can't believe it's already Friday & I haven't completed everything I have wanted to do. Oh well, there's next week. :)

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing what big holes the little things make in our schedule! It is always nice to have time at home to "putter", but it sure does go quick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fully agree, I cherish my home more and more each day.
    Have a beautiful weekend, Wendi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!