Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


On my bedside table:
Cassidy by Lori Wick It is part of the Big Sky Series. I am almost done and can't wait to move on to book two in the series.

On my TV:
Tonight will be Jon & Kate Plus 8

On the menu for tonight:
Spaghetti at my father-in-laws.

On my To Do list:
Laundry
Work on painting kitchen cabinets

New recipe I tried last week:
No new recipe tried last week because I didn't feel well. I have several on the menu for this week.

In the craft basket:
Nothing this week.

Looking forward to:
Finish the painting on my kitchen cabinets. I am almost done!!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I live in an area with hard water. Often when I boil water I am left with a deposit in the pan. To remove boil water with lemon juice in the pan. Let boil for two minutes and then empty pan and clean as normal. This should remove the deposit with minimal scrubbing.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I didn't do much blog reading last week.

Favorite photo of the week:



Welcome Spring!

Lesson learned the past few days:
Cherish your family. While I was in so much pain with my kidney stones my family stepped right up. My parents came right over to care for Megan and my childcare kids. Chuck came home to take me to the doctor and hospital. He even took the next day off to be home to care for me. It is great to know that I have such a loving, caring family that will drop everything when needed!

On my Prayer List:
My husband & daughter

Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Rejoice evermore." 1 Thessalonians 5:16

This is something that Sandra @ Diary of a SAHM is hosting. Be sure stop by and wish her a great Monday!








5 comments:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great tip, I live in a hard water area too :)

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tip - I will be trying it out. Also glad to hear you are much better.
    Happy Monday and have a great week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!