Monday, March 02, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


On my bedside table:
Prairie County Fair A book with four novellas by four different authors. A gift from Monica. I am enjoying it as it is a quick entertaining read.

On my TV:
Tonight will be Jon & Kate Plus 8

On the menu for tonight:
BBQ Boneless Chicken Breast, Green Beans & Rice

On my To Do list:
Laundry
Dust & Vacuum Living Room
Work on painting kitchen cabinets
Babysit

New recipe I tried last week:
No new ones last week due to stomach bug. I barely eat and didn't cook at all last week.

In the craft basket:
Sketching some ideas for Chuck to make for the kitchen.

Looking forward to:
Finishing the painting on my kitchen cabinets.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
When painting an item that you need to lay down place it on wax or parchment paper instead of newspaper. It will peel right off of the wax/parchment paper, but will stick to the newspaper.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Amy had some good ideas on living within your budget. I love what she says about "ditching the Joneses." Something I need to work on.

Favorite photo of the week:

Sneak peek at my kitchen. The new counter top is in, the back splash has been started and the bottom cabinets are almost completely painted.

Lesson learned the past few days:
Rest is a good thing, even when your to do list is a mile long.

On my Prayer List:
My husband & daughter

Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:1 ion)
"Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31


This is something that Sandra @ Diary of a SAHM is hosting. Be sure stop by and wish her a great Monday!




7 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better!

    Good tip for painting! I've had stuff stick to newspaper before and it was not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your backsplash! That's exactly what I want to do in our kitchen. It's looking great!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Love your kitchen. We just got a new oven/range, and it's the exact one you have!

    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendi, just wanted to say Hi. I found you over at Sandra's. I like your lesson for the week and I soooo agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your lesson for the week, it's so easy to forget to stop and breathe.

    Love your kitchen too, it's looking wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your kitchen also! I love white...its clean. Came by way of Sandra's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the lesson you learned this week !! Something I've been working on too ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!