Friday, March 13, 2009

Gardening: Iceberg Lettuce Seeds

Last night Megan and I started our iceberg lettuce. We planted those teeny tiny seeds in six peat pots.


I made sure to label the pots with the item and the date planted. That way I will know when the seeds should have germinated. If not we can start over.

I think this was Megan's favorite part.



I don't any kid that doesn't love the spray bottle!

The pots were then placed into some plastic trays and placed in the kitchen window.


Megan had lots of fun and I can't wait to see her excitement when they start to grow.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I so want to start my garden. Maybe I'll get time to go seed shoping this weekend. I hope to see how all things are growing for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I need to let the boys help me with planting. They've been helping me water my seedlings and they love it!

    Spray bottles are a hit. I've already made a mental note to include them in water play days this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always plant lots of different kinds of lettuces in our garden. This year the girls are going to have their very own little garden outside. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute pictures!

    I see the bow on the spray bottle has already come off - I was afraid it wouldn't last very long, sorry about that!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looked so excited about planting the seeds! Thats totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun, my kids also love planting and actually have more success with growing flowers than I do LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project to share with Megan! She'll learn so much from watching them grow.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!