Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Still on Clutter Patrol

I am close to being done with the living room. I just have the big job left, the closet. As with most things it usually isn't as bad as you think.

Chuck's step-dad was given a wonderful kitchen for Megan. We managed to find a place for it in the living room. I added a couple of baskets on the hutch to hold all the important kitchen stuff and a basket in a "cabinet" above her refrigerator.


I then moved on to the shelves under the tv cabinet. I removed some toys that she is too old for and added a basket to hold some of her books. I am very pleased with the way this turned out. I was tired of seeing books falling off of the shelf. Sorry when I first started I forgot to take before pictures.


The next area is my constant trouble area.


I removed a stack of magazines to go through and just left a couple of catalogs, two devotionals, the book I am currently reading. Return to Holly Springs by Jan Karon. The gift bag is holding my learn to knit and crochet things. Since this is a constant battle I might have to remove the basket if I can't keep it under control.

Oh and the blanket you see peeking out from behind the couch is the blanket we use for Megan in the car. That is the only place to keep it where I remember to grab it!


Megan had fun with marshmallows during her afternoon craft time. She was placing marshmallows on a snowman. Did you know that if you wet a marshmallows it will stick to the paper. Actually Megan would lick it and stick it to the paper.

Of course there were lots of marshmallows making it into her tummy!

I am off to start my day. Hopefully I will get the closet taken care of today. Have a great day and for my friends nearby, stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Wendi,

    Stay warm is right! It's -1 here!

    What cute kitchen for Megan--I'm sure she'll have lots of fun with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Wendi! I am in a decluttering mode here as well. I have quite a few shelves to straighten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I have some trouble spots here I need to tackle.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I read through your adoption story. I can only imagine the peace and contentment precious Megan brings you!

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!